May 2, 2023 |
May Tasting Menu
Here's our tasting menu for the month.
- 2022 Sunbreak Old Vines Chenin Blanc, Snipes Mountain AVA, Upland Vineyard ($20): Sunbreak shows a brilliant lemon-gold color and aromas of Asian pear-apple, white peach, honeydew melon, grapefruit, pear blossoms, honeysuckle, jasmine and lemon verbena. The flavors are deliciously juicy and vibrant, with notes of pear and grape skins, peach stone and gravelly minerals. The back picks up poire and pêche liqueurs, melon rind and grapefruit peel, followed by a crisp, faintly honeyed finish.
- 2022 Three Forks Rose' of Pinot Gris, White Bluffs AVA, Gamache Vineyard ($20): This Rosé shows a light copper-pink color and enticing aromas of strawberry, Rainier cherry, watermelon and tangerine, with scents of cherry and orange blossoms, pink roses, verbena and pink incense. The flavors are fresh and vivid, with notes of light grape skin, cherry stones, and alluvial minerals. The back picks up fraise and kirsch liqueurs, and recurring tangerine peel, followed by a juicy, dry finish. From Gamache Vineyard, a Sustainable WA Certified Vineyard.
- 2021 Fly Rod Cellars Plastic Surgeon Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, Erratic Oaks Vineyard ($30): This 100% Oregon Pinot Noir offers pretty aromas of perfume, lavender, cherry, cinnamon and fresh cut grass. Flavors of cherry, raspberry, mushroom, olives, and green tea. The finish is juicy and long with medium tannins. The wine is regularly $33/bottle but is on sale for $30/bottle. Buy 6 bottles and pay $25/bottle. Buy 12 or more and pay $20/bottle.
- 2020 Reserve Syrah, Yakima Valley AVA, Boushey Vineyard ($35): This Single Barrel wine is 100% Syrah. Aromas of olive brine, bacon fat, blackberry, almond, vanilla, dark roast coffee and sage flow into appealing tastes of black currant, blackberry, plum sauce, espresso beans, tanned leather, and Earl Gray tea.
- 2018 Storm Front Red Blend, Columbia Valley AVA ($30): Our signature bold red blend of Merlot (50%), Cabernet Sauvignon (18%), Petit Verdot (15%), Cabernet Franc (15%) and Malbec (2%). Plum, black cherry and rosemary flavors and aromas. 94 POINTS AND DOUBLE GOLD MEDAL-Bellingham Northwest Wine Awards
- 2018 Squall Line Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley AVA ($33): Sourced from three vineyards: Phinny Hill (60%) and Coyote Canyon (10%)--both Horse Heaven Hills--and Boushey (30%) in Yakima Valley. Deep ruby colored, this possesses classic varietal aromas of blackberry, cherry, plum, crushed black roses, tobacco, cedar, rosemary and wood smoke. The flavors, as well, are direct and true to variety, with dark fruits that are intermixed with licorice, dark chocolate, French roast and Horse Heaven scorched earth. The penetration continues on the back with roasted berries and nuts, mocha and pulverized charcoal, followed by a sweet-dry tannin finish. Pairs well with roasted or grilled meats, good friends and stormy nights.